Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Six more weeks until Spring ?

Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow yesterday. Alas, six more weeks of winter according to the prognosticator. I'm eager for nice weather so I can utilize my T@B trailer. You too??

I'm a day late posting this "Groundhogs Day" message because I didn't have a WiFi signal yesterday. But that's OK because I had plenty of things to fill my time. I'm waist-deep in boxes, wrapping paper, etc., as I pack for a move from Shelby.

Our weather has been (according to weather forecasters) "unseasonable." So much rain plus two snow storms!! Occasionally we have a couple of nice sunny days where I can dash to the market. After dense fog part of the morning, today we had blue skies and sunshine. I took a load of laundry to the laundry room here in the apartment complex. The sidewalk is in the shade so (at 3 PM) still a sheet of ice. I walked with extreme caution!!










I'm happy to report that I've made remarkable progress packing my things. Most of the kitchen items are packed; just the bare essentials available. Most of my dressier clothes have been packed in to large plastic bags with air vacuumed out. I'll travel with a very casual wardrobe. In the process..., I've also set aside lots of things for the Senior Center Indoor Flea Market, and local Thrift Shops. Two carloads (of donations) delivered thus far. A lot of trash went to the apartment dumpsters this afternoon. Let me clarify: "trash" being shredded paperwork, old magazines, etc. If an item has any reuseable value it will be recycled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!