Sunday, August 21, 2011

To foil a thief !!













I went shopping this afternoon and bought a plastic dome advertised to stop squirrels from invading the bird feeders. See for yourself: He was in a precarious position (closeup picture #5) but he was getting the sunflower seeds!! I clapped my hands and sent him on his way. He sat a few yards away and chattered his disapproval!! My thought had been: The shield and the noise of dangling wind chimes would stop him. It just made sense to me that his movement (up the pole) would vibrate the wind chimes and the sound would frighten him. The little thief did not return before dark so I'll have to wait to see if my makeshift deterrent works. ~~ Ignore the time stamp. I actually prepared this about 8:20 PM but wanted it to follow today's previous blogs. ~~ Watermelon rinds (for the raccoons) bottom corner of next to last picture.
~~~~
Postscript, 8/22/11: At 5:30 AM the wind chimes awaken me. A raccoon was climbing the pole!! ~~ No argument: Sunflower seeds are very desirable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!