Monday, April 19, 2010

En route to the Blue Ridge Parkway















Number One: En route to Best Buy to obtain a GPS.
Number Two: En route to the Blue Ridge Parkway to see Mount Mitchell, and Linville Falls.

Bye, bye, Panera.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 4:00 PM: It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind!! Right?? I'm back at Panera after spending hours--and dollars--at Best Buy and other stores in that very large, many stores, shopping area. I've programmed the Garmin and used it long enough to know that it isn't accurate regarding Walmart (the Walmart near the airport). I drove past the extremely large Super Walmart while being directed to a location that has been closed for a period of time. Ho-hum; so much for technology!!

While in the parking lot of Best Buy, I had four separate individuals approach me because they wanted to see "the cute little trailer." Visiting with people, and programming the GPS, kept me in the parking lot for an extra hour. It's a nice thing that I have lots of time.

This late in the day, I decided against traversing the Blue Ridge Parkway.

"Tomorrow, tomorrow,
I love you,
tomorrow,
You're only a day away."


2 comments:

  1. If you plug your Garmin in and update the software, the locations might be updated a bit better... =0)

    If you were using someone's POIs, they don't automatically update.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!