Friday, April 9, 2010

Life in the slow lane

2:22 PM of an absolutely beautiful day!! However, yesterday at this time, it was dark and gloomy, with misting rain. We had a downpour about 3:30 PM. By 5 PM we were under a tornado watch!! We didn't have hail but the TV news said large hail in the area. (I'm always so glad when we don't have hail locally because I don't want my beautiful T@B to be pelted.) Tonight we'll learn from the TV news whether damage, last night, in Cleveland County (our County) was a tornado--or "only" severe wind damage.

Today we have an anticipated temperature high of 66 degrees. A BIG difference from 90 degrees earlier this week. We will have a lovely weekend, according to weather forecasters. It's lovely right now, as I sit at a table in the Family Room overlooking the lake. A pair of Geese are waddling around in the yard at water's edge. I saw a Cardinal a bit earlier--and a squirrel.

I drove to Shelby this morning for a haircut. I've checked my on-line Banking. I did a load of laundry. It has been a very "laid back" day. This is awesome!!

At this time--three weeks ago--I was at the "
Be In Health" conference in Thomaston, Georgia. I learned a totally new perspective on health. I've been following a vegan diet for many years--based on Genesis 1:29. Recently, to my absolute amazement, I discovered there are many other scriptures that address physical health problems. I've read those scriptures; I've heard sermons with those scriptures; "Why didn't I comprehend the significance?" I came away from the conference with books and CDs that I will study over the next few months. I'm embarking on a very interesting Spring and Summer!!

On
March 25th I wrote in my blog about the fall I experienced at Be In Health. I'm totally recovered..., the scabs have fallen off, I'm no longer limping. Again I say that my healthy lifestyle probably contributed to the speedy recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!