Monday, November 22, 2010

Have Thine Own Way, Lord


Have Thine Own Way, Lord

Text: Adelaide A. Pollard, 1862-1934
Music: George C. Stebbins, 1846-1945
Tune: ADELAIDE, Meter: 54.54 D

1. Have thine own way, Lord! Have thine own way!
Thou art the potter, I am the clay.
Mold me and make me after thy will,
while I am waiting, yielded and still.

2. Have thine own way, Lord! Have thine own way!
Search me and try me, Savior today!
Wash me just now, Lord, wash me just now,
as in thy presence humbly I bow.

3. Have thine own way, Lord! Have thine own way!
Wounded and weary, help me I pray!
Power, all power, surely is thine!
Touch me and heal me, Savior divine!

4. Have thine own way, Lord! Have thine own way!
Hold o'er my being absolute sway.
Fill with thy Spirit till all shall see
Christ only, always, living in me!

~~~~~~~~~~
I'm almost in tears!! Working at Wycliffe Associates brings great joy!! The staff individuals have "bumped me up" to an even more important task. I has happy with the phone and computer assignment. Today I learned there's an even more critical job that needs to be done. I was trained this afternoon. However, with twenty-five years of computer experience behind me, the instructions were easy to grasp.

What a difference between the work I might have been doing at Amazon.com (Campbellsville, KY) and the work I'll be doing--for the Lord--at Wycliffe, in Orlando. I'd rather have Jesus.... When I left Kentucky, my prayer was "Have Thine own way, Lord."
~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Just awesome!

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks your reminiscences, and for posting Adelaide Pollard's hymn. (Today is the 148th anniversary of her birth.) If you enjoy reading about our hymns and their authors, I invite you to check out my daily blog on the subject, Wordwise Hymns.

    And if you’ll excuse a brief “commercial:” If you do not have a good book on the subject of our Christmas carols, I encourage you to take a look at my own, Discovering the Songs of Christmas. In it, I discuss the history and meaning of 63 carols and Christmas hymns. The book is available through Amazon, or directly from Jebaire Publishing. (Might make a great gift too!)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!