Monday, December 13, 2010

Weather report: Orlando, Florida

My sympathy to friends and family that are experiencing snow and misery in their home states. "The South" has received an Arctic blast that has citrus farmers working around the clock to protect their orchards. Strawberry fields, and lettuce fields, are being covered in a effort to save the berries and produce. It's 42 degrees as I write this (5:55 PM). The weather forecasters say it will be 18 degrees at 7 AM tomorrow morning. The current temperatures are the coldest since 1989.

Last night we had cold, rain and wind. The patio lights rattled against the side of the T@B, due to the wind, and kept me awake. My TV antenna was on the ground this morning, with a broken base. It had been sitting on top of the electricity post.

The strangest thing happened last night: My two clocks that receive a signal from a satellite were grossly inaccurate this morning. When I checked, during the night, I recognized that they were wrong so didn't rely on them to get me out the door on time this morning. The weather, indubitably, but so curious.

Fortunately, gratefully, I'm warm with the little ceramic electric heater. Today I dressed sensibly in layers so did not suffer during my walk to and from work, or in the office.

~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 12/14/10: I did not enjoy getting out of a warm bed (at 6:15), in a warm trailer, to hike over to the shower!! The thermometer--sitting on the picnic table--said 30 degrees (at 6:45)!! The TV weather forecasters were saying "Factor in the wind and it's in the teens." Twenty-six degrees at 7:20 (at the picnic table). I'm not complaining: Al Roker (NBC Today show) was reporting from Dunkirk, New York, (on the shores of Lake Erie) where it was 12 degrees!! (Read my blog regarding my visit to Dunkirk in May 2010.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!