Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dead battery, again !!

When I left McDonald's last night--after using free WiFi--it was dark. The KIA battery was dead and I didn't want to jump-start in the dark. I slept in my clothes because I thought someone might come knocking to say "You can't park overnight." Nobody disturbed me.

Last night, I disconnected the cord between the KIA & T@B. At 8:50 PM I checked the voltage on the new battery and it was 11.63. This morning--after the refrigerator ran all night--the voltage was 11.43 (at 6:00). The refrigerator ran all day (while I was at Acadia National Park) and the voltage was 11.76 at 5:00 PM. ~~ I'm not an expert at these things but I think the 12 volt battery is performing admirably. I'll just have to unplug the KIA & T@B when I'm parked for any length of time!!

Thinking I should buy a new KIA battery, I drove to Wal-Mart before 7 o'clock. Their records say "not available." I was sent to Advance Auto and got the same message. A salesman at Advance checked the battery with a tester that indicated the battery is good. Back to my earlier comment: "I'll just have to unplug the KIA & T@B when I'm parked for any length of time!!"

~~~~~~
Postscript, Wednesday, 8/11/10: Last night, I got the knock on the door in the middle of the night. Same deserted store parking lot (near McDonald's) but, apparently, he missed me the previous night.







1 comment:

  1. Lamoine State Park in Ellsworth is supposed to be very nice...as nice as it may be, Acadia isn't the only coastline in Maine, remember; it just may be the most trumpeted. D

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!