Friday, August 27, 2010

Greetings from Quebec, Canada

Did you miss me?? I've been without Internet since I entered New Brunswick, Canada, on Sunday, August 22nd. I've truly been "off the radar": No Internet, no cell phone service, and GPS that was totally inaccurate in New Brunswick.

I spent two days at Waterside, New Brunswick, near Fundy National Park. ~~ Wednesday and Thursday, I traveled across New Brunswick and Quebec--to Quebec City area.

This will be brief because I want to let my readers know that I'm OK and will eventually be able to bring you up-to-date on my awesome experiences. ~~ Imagine this: Approximately 24 hours ago, I arrived at a Wal-Mart across the Saint Lawrence Seaway from Quebec City. Less than one hour ago I discovered that a Coffee Cafe has free WiFi--only one-hundred-sixty-steps away from my T@B (still parked at Wal-Mart). It was during a walk around the shopping center (with thirty or forty shops) that the word "Internet" caught my eye. I swiftly went to the trailer and grabbed my laptop computer. ~~ Look closely at first picture and see my T@B & KIA to the right of the motorhome. Second picture from T@B back to Cafe. ~~ More info at a later date.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 10:00 AM, Sat., Aug. 28th, 2010: I'm back in the Internet Cafe to work on my blog, check for e-mail messages, and read the T@B forum messages. The manager came to talk with me and said he was glad for an opportunity to practice his English.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 2:30 PM, Sun., Aug. 29th, 2010: I've been in the Internet Cafe since 8:30 working on my blog. I've published several... but many more to prepare. FYI: It took over two hours to upload the pictures regarding my trek to East Quoddy Lighthouse.



4 comments:

  1. And YOU get to practice your French!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don' t make New Brunswick sound like a technologically-challenged, backwoods outpost. We were the first province in Canada to go online almost 20 years ago. Our cellphone system is optical fibre and the GPS signal is satellite of course.
    I'm certain you don't mean any harm but it's kind of embarrassing for a Maritimer to read your comments.
    All the best, and happy trails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sincere apology for offending the reader. When I wrote that I was "off the radar" it was an indication of ***my*** status. It was a major blunder on my part if it sounds like I was suggesting New Brunswick is "a technologically-challenged, backwoods outpost." I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to New Brunswick!!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!