Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Greetings from a baked blogger !!

Fried?? Baked?? All over the Southeastern states we are suffering extreme heat!! I'm so grateful for the RV Park Activity Center with air-conditioning!!

I haven't an assignment yet--as a volunteer with JAARS. I'll keep you posted. Today I made an inquiry about renting an apartment here on campus. Nothing definitive yet. ~~ In anticipation of a job "in the public eye," I went shopping in Rock Hill, South Carolina. I bought a couple of crinkly-fabric long skirts which will be cooler (and prettier) than wearing slacks or jeans. Also two pretty blouses that, likewise, don't need to be ironed.

In my humble opinion, traffic in Florida was (is) a nightmare!! I rarely left the Wycliffe campus, Orlando. I love the secondary roads in South and North Carolina. I find it relaxing and delightful to get out for a drive--and shopping.

2 comments:

  1. It is a joy to hear from you. Love and miss you so much. Blessings, MA

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made it back to Atlanta at 11:40 last night. We had a couple of slow-stopped traffic delays in Charlotte and Greenville. We had fun getting to know you. Keep cool --eat lots of ice cream. --Johnna (and family)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!