Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bear Scare

Written Monday, June 14th, 2010: At 1:40 AM I was startled wide awake by a loud sound--and the trailer shook. I immediately knew what happened: A bear getting my fruit and veggies!! I forgot to secure them in the KIA before I went to bed. The box was sitting on top of the propane tank cover. I waited for a sound; none. I anticipated something else would happen: The trailer began to roll backwards (I had not lowered the "stabilizers" nor put chocks at the wheels). Bumping into the picnic table prevented the T@B from rolling into the lake!! I was too scared to crawl out of my sleeping bag!! I wasn't concerned for myself; I was concerned for the T@B. "Oh my beautiful T@B; what's going to happen to her?" Being the first T@B in America, I want to donate her to the RV/MH Hall of Fame in Elkhart, Indiana. I'm keeping her as original as possible; no modifications. My precious God-given gift has been prayed over for highway safety. You know how a hundred (or a thousand) thoughts can race through your mind in an instant?? "Lorraine, why were you so stupid to leave food out? When God was passing out brains you thought He said "trains" and said "I'll take a slow one."

Yes, I embellished the details a little bit. No, Mercedes (my T@B) and I weren't hurt. Lesson: NEVER leave food out!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!