Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fish Creek Pond - June 16, 2010

Written Tuesday, June 16th, 2010: "Up" at 7:23 AM; 56 degrees inside T@B. I missed a good picture of a woman in a red kayak creating tiny ripples on the mirror-like surface of lake.

I failed to write down the time I physically left my campsite. First: I drove to a nearby faucet where I hooked, and unhooked, my water hose and filled the five-gallon tank under the sink. Second: Delivered my trash (and some of the neighbors) to the receptacles. Third: Took a shower in the really, really nice shower room. At 9:50, it was 64 degrees inside... as I got ready to depart Fish Creek Pond State Park.

I set "Carmen" (my Garmin) to take me to McDonald's in Lake Placid. I arrived shortly before 1 o'clock--a distance of less than fifty miles. It rained the entire trip and continued to rain as I sat in McDonald's working on my blogs. FYI: Before McDonald's, I had a Subway "Veggie Delight" sandwich, and purchased gas--just in case you wonder why it took me three hours to drive fifty miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!