Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fish Creek Pond State Park

From my handwritten notes: Tuesday, June 8th, 2010, at 6:22 PM; 70 degrees inside the T@B but I was heating water for tea and heating soup. It is quite chilly outside!! and windy. Sixty degrees outside at 6:50.

My space #208 doesn't have anyone nearby. I drove past ("yes") over 200 sites and most were empty. I said "Oh good Lord, I don't want to be out here by myself." Almost as soon as I parked, a man named "Mark" came to introduce himself as one of the "TearJerkers." He invited me to a campfire tonight but I said I'd probably curl up and try to keep warm inside my T@B. He agreed it is cold and will get colder: "Frost warnings for tonight."

Comment: I'm going to have to let this experience unfold without prejudice because 1) no electricity, 2) no restrooms nearby, 3) showers may be non-existent (only one symbol on the whole map!), only one dump station (and a considerable distance) and I should have dumped!! 5) Don't leave food out and tempt the black bears. At this time (6:50 PM) I'm feeling very negative!! Well, I'm not going to be able to use the refrigerator so food, outdoors, overnight, would have been convenient. Right now I'm NOT a "happy camper."

Sixty-four degrees inside T@B at 7:00 PM because no longer any warmth from heating water for tea and heating soup. I found the restrooms--at 7:15--before "too dark." Very dark gray clouds and I doubt I'll see a pretty sunset. The solution to my "dump problem": Carry the porta-potty to the restroom!!


Actually, a pretty sunset. It's worth repeating: I have the statement "Taking time to smell the flowers" on my travel (business) card. When I get new cards I'll add "and watch the sunsets." How many this month? The last two months: Moss Lake, Lake Erie, Lake Ontario, Lockport, Niagara Falls, Taughanook Falls, Bainbridge and Fish Creek Pond. I should have taken a couple more sunset pictures; it got better after 8:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!