Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fish Creek Pond - June 13, 2010

Written Sunday, June 13th, 2010: Up briefly at 7:00; 62 degrees inside. I couldn't get the catalytic heater lit.

It's 8:10 and I'm dressed, eating oatmeal and drinking green tea. Sixty-five degrees inside due to heating water and my (presumed) body heat. Not that it's any warmer outside!!

My eyes are burning and itching. I don't think I can blame it on my lack of glasses. Perhaps propane from the little heater that I couldn't get to burn?!?!

12:20 PM and sunshine for the first time in days!!

4:40 PM; 72 degrees inside, 73 degrees outside (and I was working inside and outside).

5:00 PM after a beautiful afternoon. The sun peaked out about 12:30 and shortly thereafter the weather we wanted for the rally--but didn't get. After days in a sweater and/or coat I was in a short sleeve T-shirt.

Recap: This morning "Tool belt" Sue greased the brake, and the stabilizers. Back at her T@B, she went over a detailed list of important items to "do" with all T@Bs. I am so blessed I wasn't "an accident waiting to happen" as I naively drove from state to state. Sue and Rich went kayaking; Chris and Rick went kayaking; I was alone to work on my projects. While searching for the DVD "RV" with Robin Williams to give Sue (they hadn't seen...), I found my "lost" pocket calendar. I've paid to stay at Fish Creek Pond through Tuesday night. "OK, time to unhitch the KIA." Because of Sue's instructions, I was unhitched in seconds. There's a little trick previously unknown to me.

With sunshine and ideal temperature (72-73 degrees), I unloaded the KIA and removed the T@B awning. I spread out all the contents and hoped to set up all by myself. Perhaps neither Add-a-Room nor awning have been previously attached? I didn't have enough strength to spread the end of the track to slide on the awning. Oh well, I give myself an "E" for effort!!

When I got out a large bag of peanuts (in their shell), a little chipmunk was quickly at my feet. I fed the chipmunk and took one picture. At 5:35 (as I started this paragraph) I heard a strange sound and stepped outside. Friend chipmunk had gotten on the picnic table and was nibbling through the bag!! No more peanuts for him/her!! I'm taking them to share at the campfire tonight.

10:45 at 65 degrees as I get into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!