Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Wild Center

Written Monday, June 14th, 2010: From 12 noon until 5 PM I was enjoying the displays at the Natural History Museum of the Adirondacks, AKA The Wild Center. The Post Office was my first stop in the town of Tupper Lake. I mailed seven cards and letters to friends and family.

She who thought God said "train" failed to "plan" her trip to include lunch from home or trail mix or nutrition bar. No fast food establishment in Tupper Lake (how unique!) so I expected to fast for the afternoon. Hey, a nice little snack bar area (at The Wild Center) where I devoured a "hummus wrap."

I walked the trails after viewing two outstanding movies. I browsed the gift shop for postcards and DVD. The Wild Center should be on everyone's "To Do" list when they visit the Adirondacks. It heightened my appreciation of this area of the country.

FYI: My excursion was twenty-eight miles round trip. One mile from my campsite (#208) to the limited-hours-open gate. In the other direction, two-and three-tenths miles from main entrance to my campsite. Hence a considerable distance around Fish Creek Pond State Park.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!