Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fish Creek Pond - June 12, 2010

Written Saturday, June 12th, 2010: Up at 8:00 AM and 58 degrees inside.

8:40: It started raining about 4:00 and has not stopped for even one minute. It is a steady patter on the roof. I've prepared tea and oatmeal. The heater is "on" and too warm inside. (The heater doesn't have "low.") So I have two windows open about an inch.

FYI: People have died while sleeping in a tent, or room, with a catalytic heater. It sucks all the oxygen out of the air. I always have a window open slightly; right now, two.

My trailer is small, "yes," but dozens nearby that are smaller. Many tiny Teardrop trailers have an EZE-Up tent over their rear kitchen area. They, too, have catalytic heaters but I suspect the "TearJerkers" are cursing the weather. There is traffic on the road; two campers may be heading for home!?!?

I think I mentioned in an earlier paragraph that most of these campers are outdoors men and women. They kayak, canoe, motorboat, bike, fish, and hike. Will they continue with their activities in the rain??

Wanta have a laugh? I'm thrilled when I empty a container. A few minutes ago (9:30 AM) I emptied the peanut butter jar (from Shelby). Yesterday, a container of hand lotion; a soup can the day before. I think the small propane canister (from Lancaster, CA) is empty; the heater went out. It's 67 degrees in the T@B and I put on a sweater. I'm fine.

Batteries: My camera is voracious about eating up batteries!! I bought a large package of AA at Sam's Club before I left North Carolina. I've since purchased some super-duper heavy-duty lithium batteries for the camera. Now I'm using the AA's in a cute little Smiley Face light. Not much "light" but nice to see the smile!! FYI (if you haven't noticed): There is a big Smiley Face on the back of my T@B. "Oh, you're the one with the Smiley Face" was the comment from a camper when I took the long walk last evening.

Another frequent comment: "Oh, you're the famous lady that is 'full-timing' in a Teardrop." Honestly, I'm embarrassed by the recognition! I say "I'd rather be identified as the lady who was in the right place at the right time and bought the T@B from Germany."

4:00 PM and 67 degrees inside.
9:15 and 62 degrees inside when I returned from the wine and cheese social get-together. Burr!!
9:30 and 63 degrees when I crawled into my sleeping bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!