Friday, September 24, 2010

Goodbye Indiana; hello Ohio !!

On-the-road again. Today: Panera to Panera!! Panera in Goshen, Indiana, at 6:00 AM; Panera in Dayton, Ohio, at 4:00 PM. Two-hundred-five miles today. Numerous stops. ~~ I visited with the staff at Sullivan RV in Decatur, Indiana (they used to sell T@Bs). Scott, adjusted the water pump (installed yesterday in Elkhart). It was spitting and sputtering and a real frustration to me last night and this morning. The water pump was "only $60" but the overall cost was almost $200. with extras (I won't use), and two men "with good intentions" but didn't finish the project.

I went back to the RV Surplus store on Thursday afternoon--planning to buy every accessory I might need for the water pump hookup. The sales lady remembered me from earlier purchases (last week). When she learned that I was planning on a "shade tree repair" (at the Great Smoky Mountains T@B rally) she suggested an independent RV repairman. He was available and arrived almost immediately with his cargo trailer workshop. Repairs were made in the parking lot!! Half-a-dozen times we had to run back into the store and get another item. For all **my** good intentions, I would not have had all the necessary fittings for a "shade tree repair."

~~~~~~~~
I know I sound like a broken record: Much more information will be published as soon as possible.
~~~~~~~~

Below: Really cramped quarters for the repairman!! Above: Leaving the RV Surplus parking lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!