Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sleepless in Lexington, Kentucky

The Wal-Mart parking lot was "too quiet." I couldn't sleep!! I am accustomed to hearing trucks entering and exiting--or parking near me for the night. Furthermore, this Wal-Mart is about one mile from Interstate 75 so no noise from the Freeway. Curious, isn't it, that traffic noises don't interfere with my sleep and lack of traffic noise keeps me awake!?!?

I had already gone to bed when I remembered that I didn't disconnect the KIA and T@B electric. The T@B floor area was full of the items usually on the bed during the day. I didn't want to move them to get out the door. The easiest thing to do was turn off the refrigerator. Maybe lack of noise from refrigerator contributed to my sleeplessness??

While I'm commenting on "trivia," I'll mention that Carmen (my Garmin GPS) is a blessing--and a mystery. I would NEVER locate the Panera's and Wal-Marts without her directions. Yesterday she brought me to this Panera via a series of seventeen (more or less) twists and turns off I-75. But I-75 is visible from this parking lot, perhaps a quarter mile away. Why didn't she direct me another four or five miles on I-75 and send me off the nearby ramp??

Yesterday, I told the Panera Manager:
"I love Panera!!" I shared with him that I drove Panera to Panera, Goshen to Dayton, and Panera to Panera, Dayton to Lexington. I shared that my blog is full of references to my regular stops at Panera--and how I appreciate finding them via the GPS. "I give Panera a lot of publicity" was one of my comments. As I was leaving last night, the Manager beckoned to me and said he wanted to give me a gift. He put several pastries in a bag for me. This morning, I only bought coffee and heated one pastry in the microwave.

Little acts of kindness mean so much to me!!!! Remember my friend Debbie--from Exeter, New Hampshire?? She follows my blog and has been doing research to find a submersible water pump for me. She has invested her precious time and energy to help resolve my "spitting, sputtering, and leaking" pump problem. THANKS DEBBIE !!

Sunshine this morning. Several things I need to do in the KIA and T@B. I'll drive to a vacant corner of a parking lot and do some rearranging. When I leave Panera, I'm heading for the Galilean Children's Home in Liberty, KY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!