Friday, September 3, 2010

Greetings from Holland, Michigan

Counting my blessings!! It has been a long day (although only 245 miles). I had considered stopping at Wal-Mart in Muskegon, Michigan. However, I hate to be "on the road" on a holiday weekend so pressed on with Goshen, Indiana, as my destination. (There's a Wal-Mart and Panera in the same area [if my memory serves me correctly].)

It has been a rainy, windy day so I've "fought" the road every mile. I was looking for a convenient place to pull off for a potty-break. Gratefully, there was a Barnes & Noble!! I've asked "Carmen" (my Garmin) for Barnes & Noble, Borders Books, and Panera, and everything was over one hundred miles away. I repeat: "Counting my blessings!"

Now a little about the last twenty hours (from my notes):
* Going to bed at 8:45 PM, 78 degrees; 10:55, 74 degrees.
* Hard rain and lightening from 12:15 'til 12:45 AM; violent wind, too; 73 degrees.
* Storm had stopped before 1:35 AM; 72 degrees.
* No rain, 4:25 AM; 71 degrees. Noisy motorcycle awakened me!!
* Strong wind is shaking the trailer, 5:10 AM; 71 degrees.
* Looking at charcoal-gray clouds and sunrise behind clouds; sunrise at 7:25.
* Left Wal-Mart at Petoskey, Michigan, at 8;30.
* Rain at 9:11 but didn't last long.
* 'Cold' when I stopped at McDonald's for coffee and restroom.
* Bank thermometer display, at Traverse City, 11:04, said 64 degrees.
* A herd of buffalo, near Traverse City, at 6,000 'trip' miles!! Honestly!! Unfortunately, couldn't stop for pictures. ~~ I Googled... and they are part of Great Wolf Lodge.
* Menards from 11:11 until 12:40; a neat place to shop. (Menards might be described as a mix of Wal-Mart and Lowes (with reasonable prices.)
* At Ludington, MI, 2:20 PM, an RV dealership had many R-Pods on display. R-Pods with slide-outs! Didn't stop. Mine is cuter!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!