Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Greetings from Indiana

I've been "in neutral" the last couple of days; I didn't prepare any blogs. Panera is about 15 miles away; McDonald's air conditioning is extremely cold (McDonald's is less than a mile away). I have electricity at "cousin Doris'" home so I've spent a lot of time organizing my pictures into folders. Yes, I found the lost pictures!! I learned last night that the local library has WiFi but we have to ask for the daily password. I'm coming to you from beautiful downtown Wakarusa, Indiana.

Good news, bad news. Good news: On Labor Day Monday, I spent several hours cleaning the grime off the T@B. When I left McDonald's, there was a self-service car wash about a mile away. I used the soup brush and lathered the trailer but, unfortunately, it didn't take off the construction dirt acquired when I drove through Canada. So I used a spray bottle advertised "for RVs" and sprayed, and wiped, and sprayed, and wiped. Then I drove back through the self-service and gave Mercedes a second bath. Now the aluminum and trim is smooth as satin.

Bad news: I didn't make a reservation to camp on the Fairgrounds in Goshen, for the Escapees Escapade. They were "sold out" when I went on-line... so I phoned. No, there isn't room for even my tiny trailer!! Good news: I can stay in Doris' yard, with electricity and access to bathroom and shower. It will be about 30 miles round trip each day to attend the Escapade.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!