Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thanks for the memories !!

A strange change of topic: Long term memories. ~~ Bob Hope is associated with the song "Thanks for the memories."

In a recent exchange of e-mail messages, I told a friend that something I saw on television jogged a memory from six decades ago. This is what I wrote:
I have been praising the Lord (over the years) for a good memory. Yesterday (last night) I caught a program (Antiques Road Show) and one piece of memorabilia was tied to Jack Dempsey. My mind flashed back sixty years to LaPine, Oregon, where a next door neighbor lived and he had been a "sparring partner" of Jack Dempsey. I haven't thought of them for six decades. First, I remembered their last name "Powell," then I recalled "Everett" and seconds later "Hattie." I was so shocked that the information was still in the computer memory bank of my mind.
Quoting from Psalm 139:14, 17: "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.... How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! How great is the sum of them!"

Out of curiosity, you might like to visit the web site of Jack Dempsey. Many of you will say "Who's he??" Check and see.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!