Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Divine Appointment

Yesterday afternoon, about five, leaving Atlanta Bread Company a young lady approached me. I had just deposited the laptop computer on the back seat of the KIA and was preparing to drive to Dollywood. "That's the cutest trailer!! Do you travel alone?" I assured her that I do. "I wish I could get my mother to travel; I can see her in a little trailer like this." We talked for an hour, and I showed her the inside. We both recognized that this was a Divine appointment from our Heavenly Father. I could have departed ten minutes earlier--or ten minutes later--and we would have missed one another!! I gave her my card with the "blog" address and encouraged her--and her mother--to read about my travels. Perhaps my solo senior travels will prompt another solo senior to do likewise!?

When I arrived at
Dollywood, they had just closed!! Furthermore, they are closed today: Tuesday. At this hour, I am uncertain about the day's schedule.

My new young lady-friend shared this information: Traffic is light compared with previous years. Tourist business is slow. It used to take four hours to reach Pigeon Forge from Interstate 40. That is just beyond my imagination!!

~~~~~~~~~~
10:45 AM and, with time-on-my-hands, I created this new blog. It just seems appropriate to seperate my T@B travels from the previous Little Guy travels.
~~~~~~~~~~

To follow my trip chronologically click Love at First Sight.
~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!