Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Highway to Heaven

Shelby, North Carolina, here I come!! Lord willing I will arrive at my apartment later today. I plan to take an indirect route--rather than the Interstate. I'll take the Blue Ridge Parkway from Asheville to Linville Falls and then south to Shelby. On my earlier trip, I missed part of the route due to construction and detours. Before day's end I should be able to say I've driven the entire Blue Ridge Parkway. In fact, except for that portion, I've driven it both directions. In the future, I can concentrate on traveling to new scenic locations.

The nice folks at Panera Bread allowed me to stay overnight in their parking lot. It rained during the night and is dark and gloomy right now (8 o'clock). In fact (I just peeked outside Panera), it is raining quite hard. I'll take the Blue Ridge Parkway but may not get any pictures. Below (left) yesterday "above the clouds"; (right) today "in the clouds." Sadly, my pictures do not display the beauty of the autumn colors along the Blue Ridge Parkway.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Lorraine,

    Congratulations on your new trailer! I am so curious to see the interior, I can tell just from the exterior that there is something "different" about it...( and I'm not just referring to the the large smiley). My husband & I also just bought one, and it also looks like a little rolling playhouse. Have fun!
    I am enjoying your Blog & admire your spirit.
    KelliSue

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!