Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pigeon Forge to Asheville

It has been an extremely long day!! Twelve hours ago I was waiting for Atlanta Bread Company (in Pigeon Forge, TN) to open so I could use WiFi. It is 7:00 PM and I am in Panera Bread in Asheville, North Carolina, using WiFi. I've only traveled 152 miles today--and most of those miles were at speeds less than 40 mph. I was very frustrated by all the traffic in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. At 1:30 I suddenly decided it was time to put distance between me and the tourist attractions.

It was beautiful driving through The Great Smoky Mountains National Park. I experienced bumper to bumper traffic like three weeks ago. Details on my other blog.

However, the Blue Ridge Parkway seems less traveled but is more spectacular (IMHO). I experienced the 2,222nd mile of my trip at approximately mile post 458 of the Blue Ridge Parkway--at 3:40 PM. The road sign picture was taken at the percise location.

I love the Blue Ridge Parkway!! I feel so close to Heaven here. Here I am above the clouds!! The clouds--and autumn colors--were beautiful!!

I have not decided where I will sleep tonight. There isn't a WalMart or Cracker Barrel in this part of Asheville.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!