Thursday, October 8, 2009

Shipshewana to Dayton

"Mercedes" and I left Shipshewana, Indiana, at 8:55 AM Saturday, October 3rd. (The seller had his money in the bank and I had the title and keys.) Because I prefer secondary roads--and needing to get acquainted with the T@B--I traveled through beautiful farm country.

Twenty-two miles down the highway, I stopped for "senior" coffee at McDonalds. A woman lowered her passenger-side window and called to me as I was getting out of the KIA. "That is so cute!!" Hers was the first, of many compliments, that I graciously received on my trip.

It took two hours, twenty-five minutes to drive 98 miles to Decatur, Indiana. I had an appointment with Rick Sullivan, of
Sullivan RV. Between customers, Rick admired the T@B, took pictures and made comments. One striking difference, the cabinets were a different wood than he had seen before. Also, the folding shield around the two-burner stove.

Too many vehicles in the parking lot to get a good picture. This is a "farewell" view of my Little Guy teardrop with Mercedes in the background. We left at 12:45.

It had been raining, or misting rain, all morning. Sunshine, briefly, at 2:34, but cloudy all afternoon. No rain. I arrived at the Dayton, Ohio, Panera Bread at 3:07 PM. We had traveled 194 miles. Right now I have to confess that Panera is one of my very favorite places. I love to get a whole grain bagel, veggie cream cheese, and Hazelnut coffee. Sometimes, a delicious salad or a bowl of Black Bean soup. I have spent hours using their free WiFi and spent less than $10.00. Everyone is so friendly!! That afternoon, and evening, I updated my other blog with trip details. ~~ I spent the night at the nearby Wal-Mart Super Center. Then back to Panera on Sunday morning--with bright sunshine.

~~~~~~~~~~
To follow my trip chronologically click Creation Museum.
~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!