Thursday, October 8, 2009

Love At First Sight

The T@B was parked along busy State Route 5 in Shipshewana, Indiana. A "for sale" sign caught my attention. I told my friend-cousin to turn around so I could get the phone number. He seemed reluctant but kindly respected my request. After peeking in the windows--and writing down the numbers--we continued to Menno-Hof.

Friend-cousin, Dale R., and I have Mennonite ancestry. We have toured
Menno-Hof (separately) in the past but were eager to see it again. It is a wonderful tribute to our early Anabaptist ancestors.

After the tour, while Dale browsed the Book Store, I called the two numbers--and left a message with my name and cell phone number.

When the call was returned, and the price given, I said "I'm a woman of faith and I have to pray about it before I give you an answer. The price is right but I don't want to make a hasty commitment."

A day later I called to inquire if the T@B was still available. It was--and I made an appointment to see the inside. On Thursday, September 24th, I met with the owner --was impressed with all the features (and extras)-- and began the process of transferring money from my bank to his. We moved the T@B from the conspicuous location to his home.

My KIA did not have the right plug-in for the lights so I went to a nearby shop and "got wired" (ha!). I had a test drive and my car seemed to pull the T@B OK.

There are so many remarkable details to this story!! I want to share every awesome nuance. Prior to making the commitment to purchase, I phoned
Sullivan RV in Decatur, Indiana and asked "Will a six cylinder KIA pull a T@B okay?" The woman's answer: "I remember you. You were here on Monday, you were driving a KIA, pulling a little silver trailer, and you were wearing a purple dress. Yes, your KIA will pull the T@B; come on down and we'll get you all set up." I explained about the used model I was planning to see. When she heard the price, she said "If you don't buy it, let us know because my brother will buy it and put it on the lot. If you need a place to park your Little Guy, you can leave it here while you take the T@B back to North Carolina." ~~ Yes, I had stopped there on Monday, September 21st, to admire an aqua-color T@B prominently displayed on their RV Sales lot. The folks were delightful to visit with and I lingered for over an hour!!

~~~~~~~~~~
To follow my trip chronologically click Little Guy Teardrop Trailer Travels--To Indiana.
~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!