Sunday, February 7, 2010

I love Public Broadcasting System !!


Watching "The Civil War" again (right now, 4:45 PM). I watched it last night (8:00 'til 10:00 PM). It is so awesome (in my humble opinion) I want to watch the first episode again. And I'll watch next week, and the following weeks!! This is a rebroadcast of the same series twenty years ago. It has been digitally remastered, with enhanced sound.

A few weeks ago Ken Burns films about our National Parks aired on North Carolina PBS. Also complimentary films about Lodges at the National Parks, railroads that transported tourists to the National Parks, etc. So much valuable information!! Especially for someone that plans to travel this summer and visit some of our National and State parks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 8:00 PM: This evening, I also watched Ken Burns American Stories, "The West". Awesome!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 2/08/10: I couldn't sleep so turned the TV on at midnight. An excellent PBS program about my home state, California. "Been there, done that." Now I look forward to new vistas in the East.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!