Sunday, May 9, 2010

Crying like a baby !!


My T@B friends (and new "family") have departed. I am parked all alone where formerly there were five cute little T@B trailers. Three... were headed south, and one was headed north. I haven't decided where I will go from here; I need to study the map. I'm crying like a baby!! Spending time at the T@B Rally in Marion, and caravaning the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive--with fellow TaBBers--was delightful. Very few "solos"; everyone has a companion. I'm already feeling lonely!!

Checkout before 2 o'clock so I have four hours to rearrange things pulled hastily from the KIA the last several days. Unhook electric..., hitch the vehicles, dump the porta-potty.

I had a free Mother's Day breakfast provided by Gettysburg Campground. I gave the sausage to another camper; I ate the pancakes and drank coffee and orange juice.

A cold, strong, wind drove all of us away from the campfire last night. Although bright sunshine this morning, the wind is strong and the air is cold (64 degrees outside)!! The little trailer is bouncing around in the wind!! I am still using the little electric heater to keep warm.

In the days to follow, when I can find free WiFi, I'll bring the blog up-to-date. Furthermore, I have "Thank You" letters to write and postcards to mail. I'm hoping to find time to read some of the books I'm hauling around (extra weight!!).

In the next blog ("Campfire") I mention the stabilizers. Earlier this morning friend Bob raised my stabilizers after raising his. He had the crank in his hand.... It has been so delightful to have men step up to help me hitch and unhitch, hook up electric, etc., etc. I can accomplish everything alone but so-o-o-o nice to have help. I wrote this last paragraph so I can reemphasize that the little trailer is bouncing around in the wind!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 1:30 PM: Sixty-one degrees (per thermometer on the picnic table) and I've paid for two more nights. The weather report is daunting!! Rain, and cold, for the next week or more!! I decided to stay where I am (the known versus the unknown) until I work out a route and some solid plans for the days ahead. I'm moving to another space, however, so I can hook up to cable TV. With my tiny TV I'll be able to watch the weather forecast, and news, rather than comments at the campground office. Right now I'm heating up lunch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 10:00 PM: I received e-mail messages from the travelers saying they arrived home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!