Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ready to leave Gettysburg

The Gettysburg Campground is almost empty (again). I experienced this last Sunday, too. It's sad to see the parade of recreation vehicles lined up at the dump station prior to their departure. Bad for me, health wise, because they were lined up in front of my T@B with their engines running! So many fumes!! I had a mini-parade of people at my door to say "goodbye."

It was cloudy and 64 degrees, at 10 o'clock, when I hitched the KIA & T@B. Then I secured things inside... and took a shower. I've dumped the porta-potty. This is the last task before I drive away. ** Before I drive away headed for New York state and ultimately Niagara Falls, Canada. ** Actually, the last task will be to unhook the electric cord and store it in the KIA. I'm staying to the very last minute (checkout is 2 o'clock) because I want to realize every penny of dollars spent to stay in this expensive campground!! Sad to report: The TV weather people say it will be a carbon copy of last week with rain and unseasonably low temperatures. But I'm hoping conditions will be milder than predicted and I'll travel safe. 74 degrees in the shade....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!