Friday, May 21, 2010

Niagara Falls, NY, USA

I returned to Dunkirk--only to learn that the Dunkirk Historical Museum is only open Monday and Friday, 1 'til 4. Next, I headed for "Smith Mills" (my ancestors lived there). I was super careful while driving County Road 93 but I never saw a sign indicating even the tiniest little community named Smith Mills. Approximately 12 noon I was right back where I bought gas at 10:05 (very close to Evangola State Park). Incidentally, gas for $2.599 at an American Indian owned truck stop. Cheapest gas on my trip thus far!!

Traffic was not difficult to navigate in Buffalo. Then on to the town of Niagara Falls, New York. I was turned away from one parking lot (because of trailer) and directed to Goat Island for parking. Fine; I wanted to go there anyway. I arrived a little after 3 and didn't leave until after 7. I walked my legs to exhaustion (Niagara Falls State Park is quite large). I wanted to get to a Wal-Mart for the night. I was detoured miles off my course (city streets repair) and Carmen (Garmin) was going berserk with "recalculating." It was almost 8:00 when I arrived at Wal-Mart (in Lockport) and, gratefully, the Manager consented to overnight parking. ~~ Panera is less than a block away, across the street. However, I'm too tired to think "computer."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I crawled into my sleeping bag at 9 PM. I didn't attempt to watch any TV, or a DVD. I didn't address postcards to friends and family. I was humming "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow; you're only a day away." (From Annie....)

Nine hours later, 6:21 AM, I bounced out of bed after an extremely good night's sleep. I didn't wake up during the night and wish I could go back to sleep; I didn't get cold during the night; I didn't have to get up to use the potty. No noise in the parking lot. Wonderful sleep!! I'm really refreshed!!

Quickly to my very favorite store: Panera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!