Monday, May 24, 2010

Erie Canal Cruise, etc., etc.

It's 2:20 PM, Monday, and I have WiFi for the first time since Saturday afternoon. I'm back at Panera so I can upload pictures and write about my recent experiences. A campsite in an RV park (last night) promised WiFi but didn't materialize. When I stay in Wal-Mart parking lots I have solid ground under my feet and no weeds or bugs. I really resent paying $30. to park in a spongy, wet grassy area, without picnic table. No gravel, or asphalt, for the site. That's the second "Good Sam" Park (on this recent trip) that was a "dump." I had cable TV and learned that the weather will be nice this week with temperature in the 90s by Wednesday. I have mosquito bites all over me!! I filled my five gallon fresh water tank; I took two showers!! Yes, picnic tables scattered around but I wasn't going to drag one over to my site. Only two overnighters last night. The one you see in the picture... planned to stay three or four nights. Scattered in the trees are fifty, or more, old trailers with frame additions. They appear to be the permanent home of many families. Really shabby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!