Saturday, March 27, 2010

No wonder I'm all tired out!

Bob Hope once said, "Today my heart beat 103,369 times; my blood traveled 168 million miles. I breathed 438 cubic feet of air, I ate three pounds of food. I drank 2.9 pounds of liquid, I perspired 1.43 pints. I generated 450 tons of energy. I spoke 4,800 words. I moved 750 major muscles, and I exercised 7 million brain cells. No wonder I'm all tired out!"

I found that quote a few minutes ago (on a single page torn from a magazine) as I shifted, sorted, discarded and/or packed. My strong helper ("Ed") will be back on Tuesday to put the finishing touches on loading the last minute items (bed, rocker, table, computer chair, etc.). Most of the boxes have been stacked in the POD and--wonders of wonders--there is still ample space for the remaining items. I had some anxiety that I had more "stuff" than available cubic feet in the POD!!!!!!!! ~~ I have three days to finalize the packing and, time permitting, do my Income Taxes.

Now I'm beginning to rely on the clothes, bath towels, kitchen utensils, etc., destined for extended travel in the T@B. Everything else (kitchen, clothes, etc.) is being packed. I did another small load of laundry so those things can be packed away.

I want to run away from my apartment this afternoon!! I want to visit Panera, or some favorite food establishment, and forget the clutter, cleaning, sorting, packing, etc., etc. But I'll stay and dutifully plug away at the project. In a week I'll have time for leisure.

Repeating Bob Hope: "No wonder I'm all tired out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!