Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Greetings from Brewster, Massachusetts

Greetings from Sweetwater Forest Family Camping, on Cape Cod, near Brewster, Massachusetts. I failed to write down my time of arrival. After hooking up the electricity, I happened to notice that it was 1:20 and 96 degrees inside the T@B. Very HOT and very humid!!

2:30 PM and 92 degrees inside; I've rested--in my lawn chair--under a tree--because I felt like my body temperature was 104 degrees!! I've consumed my last two peaches. Now for a shower!!

3:10 PM and 91 degrees. I feel like a brand-new woman!! ~~ I have to confess I haven't had a shower since early Saturday morning June 26th, at North Beach State Park in Burlington, Vermont (ten days ago). I've become an expert at taking a bath in a pint of water. It only takes a couple of minutes to heat a little water on the stove. Furthermore, there are wonderful pre-moistened towels that leave one feeling clean. By name: "Fresh Bath," available at stores catering to hikers and backpackers. ~~ If you search the shelves hard enough--at CVS, Rite Aid, etc.--you'll find a dry spray for your hair. It removes oiliness and freshens the hair-do. ~~ In the best of all worlds, we find a Truck Stop and take a shower for less than $10.00. I've been exclusively traveling secondary highways and haven't seen a "truck stop" since (hum, let me think) since Seneca, New York, near Lake Erie.

Traveling from Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart, four nights at Barnes & Noble in Burlington, Vermont, and three nights at Derby Street Shops in Hingham, Massachusetts, saved me an enormous amount of money!! Conservatively: $500.00. TODAY I'm saying "Money doesn't matter; get me a campsite with shade trees and a shower!!" Fortunately,
Sweetwater Forest Family Camping could accommodate me a day early. I'll shift tomorrow to my site for the Rally. I won't unhitch tonight.

The campground has all the amenities: Electricity, water, sewer, cable TV--& WiFi--but they are hardly visible at the campsites. It is very "rustic": No gravel, no cement slab. The trees are a blessed delight to me!! It's a joy to sit in the shade (and write notes about this day). My freshly showered feet have sand all over them and between the toes. Life is good!! (Speaking of "Life is Good": Cute T-shirts, etc., but expensive.)

4:00 PM and 94 degrees outside.
7:20 PM as I publish this blog. Imagine me sitting on that stool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!