Saturday, July 24, 2010

Unscheduled shower bath !!

I get tired just from driving. (You, too?) When I accidentally stumbled on the Warwich Mall--with lots of space to turn the vehicles around--I headed for a shade tree.

I drove past orange cones, and bales of hay. Cargo containers and large "roll away" trash dumpsters dotted the parking lot.
"How strange!" was my thought. "A 'dead' Mall!!" I walked the circumference to the only store that was open: Target. I browsed for an hour (or more?). The cashier was kind enough to answer my questions about an unoccupied Mall. The Mall suffered three feet of water after three days of rain, several months ago. The inside has been gutted and the stores are being remodeled from the skeletal framework inward. Pictures of the flooded Mall. News article. Flood damage.

Upon exit (from Target), to my dismay, another cloudburst with lightening and thunder (not unlike last night). I waited for a few minutes and then started the long "fast walk" (this old lady doesn't run) to the car and trailer. I got soaked, and it felt exhilarating!! The roof vent was open but very little water inside the T@B (because it was under a tree?).

The Mall was an unusual sight during my travels. ~~ By 5:15 the sun was out again. The air was (thankfully) much cooler and less humid.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!