Saturday, July 31, 2010

Portsmouth, New Hampshire, & vicinity

Wow!! I've been on a whirlwind tour of the Portsmouth, New Hampshire area!! My hostess, "Debbie", has been driving me all over--and I'm loving every minute!! (Debbie has been following my blog and invited me to come and visit.) She has introduced me to apple cider donuts at Applecrest Farm Orchard, Lago's homemade ice cream, USS Albacore submarine, congestion at the beach that rivals Coney Island (or Venus Beach in Southern California??). We visited a unique antique and book store.

Pictures: I've never seen Tydeman apples before. (I bought some.) Never heard of Apple Cider donuts!! (I bought some.) Bumper-to-bumper traffic at the beach; no place to park!! (Even $10. & $15. lots were full!!) Just a glimpse of the crowd at the beach. Sightseeing boat ready to depart. USS Albacore submarine, inside & out. Who's that lady with the big smile on her face?? Look at all the flavors of ice cream. In the window, some publicity about favorite hometown son, Scott Lago, 2010 Olympic bronze metal for snowboarding. Lobster trap under beautiful tomato plants. Books, books, books!! Who's that lady... dwarfed by an over sized bear? (I'm told the bear's name is Paddington.) Next to last picture of church near Garmish-Partenkerchen, Germany. (In the late 1950's I photographed that same church from that exact same spot!! We saw Europe while traveling with a small camping trailer.)

P.S. I'm parked in Debbie's driveway, with electricity, and WiFi. Life is good!!






































No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!