Saturday, July 24, 2010

Rhode Island, Connecticut & Massachusetts in one day !!

On a scale of one to five (five being best), today was a dismal "one." I'm in Massachusetts again; I've been in Rhode Island and Connecticut, too!! I drove to Mystic Seaport in Connecticut and experienced the parking problem I faced yesterday at Newport, Rhode Island. ("Will I never learn??") Discouraged..., I returned to Rhode Island (and you can read about a unique experience on the next blog).

I'm headed for Plimoth (Plymouth) Plantation in Plymouth, Massachusetts. That was an original destination on Friday (or was it Thursday?).

I "sought" (Mystic Seaport); I "fought" (tourist traffic);
I "aught" (to "know better"); I "bought" (bottle of tea);
I "wrought" (
made my exit).

I found Bluff Point State Park at Groton, Connecticut, but "No overnight parking." After a walk... and a bite to eat in my T@B, I decided it was time to head North.

I saw a "camping" sign at approximately 1:30. I pulled off Interstate 95 (at exit 92) and discovered it was a KOA. My motto: "KOA, no way!"

FYI:
"Yes, I'm in yet another Panera Bread." I didn't ask "Carmen" (my Garmin); I saw it as I drove by en route.... I don't even know the name of this town but "Carmen" told me there is a Wal-Mart less than one mile away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript: On a positive note, I can now list two more states among those I've visited. Perhaps I'll catch New Jersey and Washington D.C. on my return trip South?! (I know, "D.C." isn't a state but it's on the map I display in one window of the T@B.) Visitors love to look at all the places I've been!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pictures of East Greenwich, RI, Panera; Mystic Amtrak Depot & Visitor's Center (only parking I found); Mystic drawbridge; Bluff Point State Park.












1 comment:

  1. Hi: We met at the teardrop rally in New York. I see you were in my state,Rhode Island,wish I knew you were in my area. I could of drove you around to see the sites. No problem parking that way in Newport or Mystic CT. I know of a Army Corp campground in nearby Thompson CT with full hookups for $15 a night that would of been a good place to camp to travel around. In your blog you should tell people where you will be going next so people could tell you where to park and things to see.

    Burt Vanasse
    Warwick, Rhode Island
    Burtret1002@aol.com
    401-738-7842

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!