Saturday, December 12, 2009

Counting my blessings !!


Despite bitter cold in the Carolina's, our weather is mild compared to most of the U.S. If you haven't been buried in two feet of snow, you've seen the images on TV. I'm grateful for a warm comfortable apartment (and sufficient retirement funds to keep a roof over my head)!!!!!
*** COUNTING MY BLESSINGS !! ***

On Tuesday, December 8th, my 2006 KIA was at the dealership for routine maintenance. I used the several hours (in the waiting room) to hand write a holiday newsletter. Later that day, I typed the details into my computer. Christmas music ("The 3 Tenors," and "The Mormon Tabernacle Choir") filled the air from my decade-old "boom box" CD player. (I remember how old it is because it survived the terrible van-travel trailer accident in May 2000. The Ford van, and Kit travel trailer, was totally destroyed!! It's a miracle I wasn't killed!! Counting my blessings!!)

From my overabundance of hoarded personal possessions, I pulled many boxes of new Christmas cards. I cleared the kitchen table, opened the address book and began the process. I've been writing a personal message on each card--specific to our relationship. I'll mail upwards to one hundred cards.

The outdoor temperature was bearable (for an old lady) at 3 o'clock Friday afternoon (Dec. 11th). I drove to Shelby Post Office for Madonna and Child stamps, and Office Max for copies of the newsletter. (Click that link and you can read my message to family and friends.)

I shopped for a few groceries, at Aldi's, before returning home. (I rarely go to Aldi's [too few organic items] but it was in the same area with Office Max.)

I'm a "wimp" when it comes to cold, wintry weather!! I have a reservation at
American Heritage RV Park, in Williamsburg, Virginia, for New Year's Eve festivities--a Rally with other T@B owners. I hope, and pray, the weather warms up at the end of the month because I have planned to spend a week in that area.

~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!