Friday, December 18, 2009

Snow











I've been waiting--and watching!! It started snowing at 2:20 PM. This storm was predicted... and we may have six inches before Sunday. The entire 469 mile long Blue Ridge Parkway has been shut down. Over twelve inches of snow is anticipated in the mountains near Asheville.

4 o'clock: There is a lot of snow on the grass. Snow is falling steadily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Postscript, Saturday, 12/19/09, 8:30 AM: BIG disappointment; small snow!! The big storm has moved further North to Virginia, Washington DC, and the Northeastern states. Only about an inch of snow on the ground at my apartment. The sidewalk was a sheet of ice when I went out to take a few pictures. Locations in the mountains (less than eighty miles away) have as much as eighteen inches of snow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Postscript, Saturday, 12/19/09, 12:30 PM: I'm going to post the pictures in a separate blog (I think). This snow is "mild" compared to many locations---but unique to a lot of people living in "The South."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!