Saturday, December 5, 2009

"The weather outside is frightful...."

An unusual weather pattern dumped snow on Texas, Alabama, Tennessee, and other Southern States. Rain in Shelby. I stayed in my apartment all day working on an unusual project.

I did not spend much money on my Little Guy Teardrop trailer. I outfitted it with used items. Not so with "Mercedes"--my T@B Teardrop trailer. I've wanted the inside to look as cute as the outside!! My spending hasn't been limited to towels, smoke- carbon monoxide detector, small Sony DVD player, etc. I purchased four new tires for my KIA--larger size tires so I "leveled" the two vehicles. Also--for appearance sake--an expensive car wash and wax. (I still had Georgia mud on, and under, the car.) New windshield wipers.... Appointment at the KIA dealership for double-check so my towing vehicle is running at optimum performance.

Back to my comment in the first paragraph about "working on an unusual project." My laptop computer is now three years old. I'm still using the Windows XP operating system!! I'd like a new laptop ***BUT*** I'm spending money on Mercedes and the KIA, RV resorts and T@B rallies. So I bought the best Internet Security software I could find (my other had just expired) and I bought "Fix-It Utilities 10" because they advertise "Keep your PC running like new!". ~~ It took the entire day (Friday) to install... and run all the "fixes." Indeed, I see a comparison: The computer--like the KIA with new tires--runs better!!

So, to paraphrase an old song: "The weather outside is frightful, but here by the computer is so delightful!!" Make that: "... but Mercedes, KIA & computer are so delightful!!" You get the message??




~~~~~~~~~~
FYI: Snow in Shelby, North Carolina, in January 2009.
~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!