Thursday, November 5, 2009

Decorating Mercedes

The weather has been extremely pleasant this week!! I've spent a lot of time with "Mercedes." I mounted the Smoke / Carbon Monoxide Detector on the wall, far corner, just beyond the window, on the door side. I used industrial strength Velcro (as someone on the T@B forum suggested). It is not hooked to "house" electricity; I'm relying on the battery. I purchased the 9-volt battery (for $13.78) from Radio Shack because their advertisement says "Lasts five times longer."

I've been sorting through all the camping gear I had for the Little Guy Teardrop and making decisions about "keep" or donate to a Thrift Shop. (Truthfully, I still have camping gear specifically purchased for the Dodge Mini-motorhome. All the accessories were blue.) The next question: Where do I put it in the T@B?? Some are safely stored under the bench seats at the front of the trailer. The "Add-a-Room" tent is under the sofa-bed, difficult to get at, because I don't expect to use it until next summer.

Now I shop for accessories that are orange. Yesterday I found bright orange towels at Wal-Mart and I will cover the white corduroy cushions with the orange towels. I want the inside to look as cute as the outside!! Today a neighbor lady walked over to my apartment (for the very first time in two-and-one-half-years) and "gushed" about my cute little trailer. "Would you like to see it?" "Can I?" "Of course!! I love to show it off!!" We sat in the T@B and visited for over an hour.

For two camping seasons--with the Little Guy Teardrop--I used a wide variety of things from the apartment (and the Dodge mini-motorhome). I loaded Little Guy with old towels, old bedspread, and "make do" items from the Thrift Shops. Not so with my beautiful new (used) T@B. I want everything to be bright and beautiful!!

I've shopped two Lowe's for hardware items. I thought I could add some hooks and knobs but found installation difficult to impossible. ~~ I shopped several stores looking for a cutting board to cover the small sink. Eventually I found the ideal board--perfect size--and three will be returned to the retail store from whence they came.

I took the advise of members of the T@B forum and bought the sturdy (but inexpensive) one-step stool from Wal-Mart. I have a stool that was ideal with Little Guy but not ideal for Mercedes.

Today I started a notebook with reminders of where various items are stored.

2 comments:

  1. Decorating is so much fun- I have been having a blast as well. Can't wait to see more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorraine,

    I've been on your blog a few times but this is my first time to leave a comment. Love your story about how you found your T@B. I admire you for camping on your own.

    Hubs & I bought a 2007 preowned clamshell T@B over ebay in October. Haven't had the opportunity to take her out yet. Our tow vehicle required a hitch installation and there are some other issues we're working through on the T@B. Previous owners made some modifications we're trying to recify. In the meantime, the ideal camping weather is slipping away from us in Indiana so it looks like next spring will be our maiden voyage. That's the sacrifices we make for getting our T@B at a bargain price.

    I'll be checking back to read about your Mercedes adventures.

    I invite you to visit my blog, please leave a comment when/if you do.

    Kristine

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!