Friday, November 20, 2009

Stone Mountain Park near Atlanta Georgia

Everyone was so friendly, and helpful, at Peco Campers. As I left, at 11:30, their sign along I-285 said 61 degrees. (One of those signs that flash the time and temperature, and relevant retailer information.) I had been told that there were good places to eat "one exit beyond Stone Mountain Park." Indeed a large variety of stores--including a Wal-Mart (for overnight parking?!). I choose to try Cici Pizza (for the first time) and was pleasantly surprised. A very nice all-you-can-eat salad bar, soup, and pizza. Even several pizza without meat toppings!! All for $4.33. Then back to Stone Mountain Park because I couldn't spend $43. and not even see the giant carving on the mountain. Fortunately, the campsite pass from the previous night provided entry so I didn't have to pay another $10. However, considering the amount of money I spent at Peco Campers, I didn't pay $9. to visit the museum. Nor did I take the tram to the top of the mountain. I walked around and enjoyed as much as I could for free.










The Park is getting ready for snow!!





















Another "white knuckle ride" trying to find my way out of the Atlanta area. I didn't want to backtrack to I-285 to get to I-85 so I tried state routes. Got lost!! Many extra miles and horrible traffic!! I was utterly exhausted when I arrived at a Wal-Mart in Commerce, Georgia. I was in bed at 7:30 PM and slept comfortably for almost eleven hours. Only 105 miles traveled on Tuesday, November 17th.

FYI: I was told over eight million residents in and around Atlanta. I think they were all driving their cars--and they were traveling in the same direction I was!! Honestly, I'm not a fan of amusement park rides. My "white knuckle ride" was Atlanta--and the day before!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!