Saturday, March 12, 2011

Future shock

Future shock: the unexpected arrival in the present of what was thought of as a far off event. --Alvin Toffler


I speculate that I am suffering from "future shock." I've been glued to TV coverage of the tragic circumstances since the earthquake in Japan. See how quickly our lives can change?!

Many Christians
attribute "the Rapture" to a far-future event. Question: What if some Bible students are correct and the Rapture is May 21st, 2011?? The scriptures suggest that Judgment Day will start with a massive earthquake. Revelation 6:12-17. ~~ Please indulge this old lady and click the red web links and read the documentation.
~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, Sun. 3/13/11: I learned a new word today; I heard it used on the Today show describing the tragic circumstances in Japan. From Merriam-Webster dictionary: gi·nor·mous adj \jī-ˈnȯr-məs\
Definition of GINORMOUS: extremely large : humongous
Origin of GINORMOUS: gigantic + enormous. First Known Use: circa 1948.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!