Friday, March 11, 2011

The Chimes of Time Ring Out the News !!

The Chimes of Time Ring Out the News was one of my earlier blogs. In my humble opinion, those words are appropriate for today. "Why??" Because Japan just experienced an earthquake of 8.9 magnitude. As I write this (8:50 AM), the TV news is exclusively focused on the earthquake and the tsunami that will hit the coastline of Hawaii and U.S. west coast.

According to Bible scholars, Judgment Day (May 21, 2011) will start with an earthquake. The earthquake will spread across the earth like we see the waves of the tsunami spread across the ocean. Only eighteen days ago an earthquake of 6.3 magnitude hit Christchurch, New Zealand.

Not surprisingly, my belief that May 21st will be Judgment Day (and the Rapture) is scorned by coworkers, friends and family. Several times a week, someone will twist a knife in my heart (figuratively speaking) when they say "Stupid, insane, ridiculous." ~~ My prayer: "Lord, stand by me!"

I've watched the TV news and grieved for the current tragic situation!!!! I also grieve (cry) for the horrific disaster seventy days hence!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Matthew 25:31-46; Matthew 7:21-27.
"Seek the Lord while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near." Isaiah 55:6
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Postscript: Mid-afternoon and I've been watching west coast TV stations (on my laptop computer) for details about the tsunami. I'm concerned about my family near Ventura, California. In 1994 I (we) experienced the Northridge (Los Angeles County) earthquake. The magnitude (then) was 6.7 and the news media says today's quake is "3,000 times more powerful."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Five o'clock PM and I have been immobilized by the earthquake!! I haven't (even once) opened the door of my tiny T@B!! Closeted, watching the TV news, viewing details on the computer, weeping, praying, reading scripture....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eight-thirty AM, Sat. Mar. 12th: I'm glued to the TV (again) watching scenes of the disaster in Japan. I've learned (from the TV news) that I'm not alone in my focus. We are in an experience labeled "lockdown."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!