Saturday, May 28, 2011

Life in the slow lane !!















A burden rolled off my shoulders yesterday. I now have the KIA & T@B re-registered in North Carolina. Expecting the Rapture, I didn't register the vehicles in Florida. No Rapture!! (I cried my heart out last weekend!!) "Things" had been happening at Wycliffe Associates, in Orlando, and I sensed it was time to leave. (Remember, I was suffering from the heat, mosquitoes, and Fire ants!!)

I know that many of you believe my thinking is warped!! Right, or wrong, it made sense (to me) to return to North Carolina and re-register before May 31st. Furthermore, I wanted to explore the Wycliffe facility called JAARS (originally Jungle Aviation and Radio Services).

On Thursday I took the KIA for the required safety check (in Waxhaw). Friday (yesterday) I searched for a North Carolina Dept. of Motor Vehicles. First: My GPS took me to an empty building. Second: That facility for driver's license only. Third: Correct location with a monster line and only one clerk. It was such a relief to eventually walk out with the stickers (that I will attach to the license plates later today).

Frankly, things can get complicated even when one has a simple lifestyle. Vehicle registration: What address do I use? If I tried to re-register on-line, where would the stickers be mailed to? They don't accept debit cards or credit cards, and the check has to have the correct address imprinted on it. I needed to walk in to NC-DMV with cash (and JAARS address). ~~ Again I say "A burden rolled off my shoulders yesterday."

3 comments:

  1. Wayne and DeborahMay 28, 2011 at 1:44 PM

    Good for you. It was time for a change. Keep in mind to winter next year in Florida.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully the weather is much more pleasant for you there. Can't imagine not having our Coolcat!
    If you live every day as if it He will come, it won't matter when it happens. Lesson learned. No one knows the day or time...
    Bless you and your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, can't imagine not having my Coolcat. I can deal with heat and humidity for short periods of time, but after being in it for more than a full day I feel absolutely drained. I would use a box fan, as well, even outside. I realize storage is a problem, though.

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!