Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wonder Woman ?!

I'm a woman to wonder how it all got done!!
It was s-o-o-o-o HOT yesterday afternoon and evening, I was physically drained of every ounce of energy. I'd do a few things, I'd rest for a few minutes. The fine-quality high-tech thermometer said 99 degrees at 2 P.M.--outside--in the shade of the T@B. I turned my thoughts from my discomfort to the man riding the mower across the lawns, and park areas. I thought of the men working at the nearby W.A. construction site. Elsewhere (here in Florida and across the South), migrant workers in the fields and orchards.

Ninety-six degrees at 4 P.M.--outside--but 97 degrees inside. ~~ Ninety-four at 5:30. ~~ Gratefully, a nice south-east breeze started about 4:30 and it was actually satisfactory to sit in the shade. ~~ Ninety-one degrees inside the T@B at 6 P.M. with door and windows wide open. ~~ Eighty-one degrees at 8:30 when I returned from an hour at the pool. (Boy did the pool feel good!!) ~~ Eighty-two degrees at 2:30 AM; 76 degrees at 4:15 A.M. (I slept well; not too hot.) Up at 4:30 A.M. to work on this blog--and take a shower. ~~ Sixty-eight degrees--outside--at 5:30 A.M.

Trivia: I was at Wycliffe Associates for 191 days (six months, 12 days). In all that time, I only drove 786 miles. Two-hundred sixty-four miles when I drove to the West Coast of Florida to visit the Tin Can Tourist' Rally.

Time, 6:30 A.M.: READY -- SET -- TOW !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!