Friday, April 8, 2011

New and interesting experience !!

I was at my computer, at work, when a volunteer called to ask if I wanted to go (with several others) on an air-boat ride. I chimed an enthusiastic "yes." (Volunteers usually don't "work" on Friday--but I like to keep busy.) I followed my volunteer-friend--in my car--and it was a wild ride!! (I'm that proverbial "little old lady from Pasadena" when it comes to driving. I panic when the speedometer gets up to 70 mph!!) ~~ The air-boat ride, on Lake Jessup, was a brand-new experience for me. We were looking for alligators--but only saw two or three--and none I could photograph. In the middle of the lake, we were "flying" at about 45 mph but it felt like 80 mph. I had to hold my hat, and ear plugs, so they wouldn't blow off. ~~ Later in the afternoon, we had ice cream at Bruster's (another first for me). ~~ When I arrived at the T@B, it was 100 degrees inside. (A very hot, humid weekend ahead.)











1 comment:

  1. That looks like fun! I've lived in FL three decades, and haven't ventured on an airboat yet...(but I've spent a lot of time in canoes and kayaks over the years). And Bruster's...yum. The ones here have a card you can get stamped...buy so many, get one free. Shadow likes their doggie sundaes!

    Alligator photos...Gatorland, there in Orlando is huge. Although not as "natural," they and the Alligator Farm in St. Augustine both put on some interesting shows.

    Anyway, that boat looks way more secure than the small boats with a couple of tiny seats on poles. Looks like a blast! D

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!