Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Homeless, and happy !!

Technically, I've been "homeless" for one year!! I left the apartment on April 5th, 2010. My little T@B isn't much larger than a shopping cart (ha!). Small, indeed, but it protects me in all kinds of weather!! Fog made driving hazardous on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I was in Vermont when they had an extremely unusual earthquake. I endured cold temperatures and a week of steady rain in the Adirondack Mountains of New York. Likewise a week of rain at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania--with a tornado and golf ball size hail. Seventy mile per hour winds at Holland, Michigan. Also, inconveniences like broken eye glasses and a bear scare (which have nothing to do with weather, ha).

I've traveled 9,356 miles over the last year. My "buggy" recently turned 60,000 miles

But this world is not my home!! ~~ Lord, I'm coming home!! ~~ How great Thou art!!

1 comment:

  1. In the past couple years I've been considering becoming homeless, but questions come up. Where to shower and do other necessary body functions? Do you do all your cooking in your trailer or eat out of a can? Do you feel safe alone in it? How warm is it if you are in the snow? Where do you park it? How sturdy is the Teardrop? Do you have any recommendations for the beginner? How does one get a job if they don't have a residence?
    I think it is really great that you are doing it. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!