Saturday, July 9, 2011

Counting my blessings !!

If you've visited my blog frequently, you've seen images of blazing sun and thermometer with soaring temperature. You've seen the "Energeezer" bunny and a deflated balloon. The quirky clipart told the story (and was fun to search for).

With details about shifting heavy boxes, and utter exhaustion, it may have sounded like I was complaining. Despite frustration regarding lack of cell phone reception, expense of home phone and Internet, I'm counting my blessings!! My expenses are modest compared to those I would encounter if I returned to my home state of California. (Praise God, I faithfully receive my Los Angeles County retirement check.)

I recently paid $3.21 per gallon for gas. I don't do much driving so there's a whopping savings. I walk to work (a healthy alternative).

Other than an answer machine and a shower curtain, I haven't "needed" a thing for my apartment. (I was "tempted" by red decorator items at newly-found Tuesday Morning--but walked away.)

The large refrigerator is a delight! I can buy--and store--a watermelon. I can have a variety of fruit and veggies. I look forward to utilizing the freezer. ~~ Life is good.

Suggested reading: Gratitude, it starts with a list. My enumeration (my list) is far from complete.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deborah & Wayne,

    Sorry you have had difficulty leaving comments. I'm "testing" (after checking all my settings).

    Love & hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!