Sunday, August 21, 2011

Consolation comes in small packages !!

During times of depression, I've often said "I'm hanging on by my fingernails." To my amusement, my squirrel-friend got into the bird feeder and he was "hanging on by his toenails." ~~ My holistic health remedy (small package) is helping but I'm still mildly depressed.

Two Sundays ago (August 7th) was advertised as International Forgiveness Day. I sent lovely "Forgiveness" e-cards to my sons with a heartfelt plea for forgiveness and reconciliation. I haven't heard from them. Ergo, my depression. ~~ I find some comfort in the words of Mother Teresa
. (And I love watching the birds and the squirrels!!)

Mother Teresa’s Anyway Poem

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered;
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you’ve got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God;
It was never between you and them anyway.


3 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about the lack of response, but sometimes it takes others a while to be able step up to the plate. Continue with your efforts, be patient and hopefully a reward will be forthcoming. Please make sure you're making friends in the location of your new home and have activities to attend.

    I have five bird and suet feeders and my squirrel's name is "Jiffy" since I fed her Jiffy peanut butter regularly until getting some peanuts from the feed store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you haven't heard back from your family, try sending real cards/letters instead of e-cards, they are so much harder to ignore or delete. Do what you can and then put it in God's hands. He knows best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS for your comment(s). I wish I knew your name(s). FYI: I've sent lovely cards, and gifts. I've made phone calls and left pleasant voice-mail messages. Nothing I do is acknowledged!! I don't know what I've said or done to warrant this rejection. Over five years duration now.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!