Sunday, August 21, 2011

Postscript, Monday August 22, 2011

Postscript, Monday August 22, 2011, 5:00 PM: I haven't been able to photograph the frustration of friend-squirrel. He looks up at the bird feeders; he paces along the wall and patio glass doors looking for something to climb on. He even stood on his hind legs, close to the patio door, begging me to resolve his dilemma ("S'il vous plait"). At this moment he is on his little squirrel-feeder chair eating corn. He knows how to lift the lid of the feeder. For awhile, he would lift each time for a kernel of corn. Then his tail began to twitch and I sensed his frustration. He butted his head against the lid so it is standing wide open. See pictures of similar behavior. I'm positive he can see me in my living room, sometimes in my leisure chair, sometimes at my computer. I think he is a God-given gift to entertain this too-depressed-to-go-to-work old lady!! I wish getting rid of depression was as easy as stopping the squirrel from raiding the bird feeders!! ~~ 5:40 PM and I have three squirrels on the patio!! ~~ 6:10 PM, and then there were four!! ~~ 8:00 PM and one little "pig" is still monopolizing the feeder!! ~~ 8:20 PM (not even dark) and the raccoons are here for watermelon rind and stale bagels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!