Tuesday, August 23, 2011

5.9 earthquake rocks Virginia, East Coast

Did you feel it?? I did!! I was sitting at my computer and had the thought "That feels like an earthquake." Most of my life, I lived in Southern California. I'm very familiar with the "feel" of an earthquake!! It was confirmed as I drove to the market and heard about the quake on the radio.

"Historic event" according to the evening news. Furthermore, according to the news media, it has been 110 years since the last earthquake on the East Coast. That's not accurate because I experienced an earthquake last year while visiting Vermont.

I've never experienced a hurricane but that may change in a few days. Hurricane Irene is blowing toward the Carolina's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!